Friday, August 26, 2011

Cheater, cheater!

Husband and Wife are playing a game of cards. Wife surreptitiously looks at Husband's hand. Husband catches her.


Husband: Cheater, cheater bugger eater!


Wife: Do you mean "booger"? Like in your nose?


Husband: That's what I said. Bugger.


Wife: It's called a booger when it's in your nose. Bugger is a british curse word, like "Bugger! I just lost this game to my wife!".


They continue playing in silence for a while. Then Wife continues.


Wife: And besides, it's not a booger eater, it's a pumpkin eater. Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater. Like the poem "Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, had a wife and couldn't keep her..." Because Cheater rhymes with Peter, I guess.


Husband stares at wife.


Then he lays down his hand of cards.


Husband: I win! See? I win even if you are a bugger eater.



Husband leans across the table, kisses Wife and goes into the kitchen, leaving Wife to stare at her cards incredulously.










No comments:

Post a Comment